JAH Community Pet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing dogs used a bait dogs for pit bulls

+2
silvaheyes
mjsmittyjr
6 posters

Go down

Missing dogs used a bait dogs for pit bulls Empty Missing dogs used a bait dogs for pit bulls

Post  mjsmittyjr Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:31 pm

I have just heard a distrubing rumor, that some of the missing dogs around the Jeff Davis area, are being taken by people using them as bait dogs for training their pit bulls to attach Rant Rant Rant . If this is true we need to keep a close eye on our pets as well as our neighbors. tsktsk tsktsk tsktsk Just when I figured society could not get any worse.
mjsmittyjr
mjsmittyjr
Pack Member
Pack Member

Number of posts : 251
Pets : 3 dogs, 4 cats
Registration date : 2008-06-23

http://www.vomkonigshimmel.com/

Back to top Go down

Missing dogs used a bait dogs for pit bulls Empty Re: Missing dogs used a bait dogs for pit bulls

Post  silvaheyes Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:07 pm

I woudn't be surprised if it was true although that rumor is pretty old.. I've heard that about basically every single area where a lot of dogs go missing. It's a possibility though.
silvaheyes
silvaheyes
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Number of posts : 90
Pets : 4 Boxers, 2 fish, a horse, a cat, and a goat
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Missing dogs used a bait dogs for pit bulls Empty Re: Missing dogs used a bait dogs for pit bulls

Post  mjsmittyjr Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:21 pm

Hoping it just a rumor, it sad to think humans can be so inhumane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pullhair
mjsmittyjr
mjsmittyjr
Pack Member
Pack Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Riverdog Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:07 am

Sadly this is happening more frequently these days.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/07/dognapping.html

Hopefully this is just a rumor. Pray
Riverdog
Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Pets : Labrador Retriever
Registration date : 2008-05-17

http://jenningsanimalhospital.net/message_forum/index.html/

Back to top Go down

Missing dogs used a bait dogs for pit bulls Empty horrible but probably true

Post  Roxy1 Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:51 pm

I have a good friend who worked at the City of Jennings dog pound, and a lot of the younger dogs that were picked up were scarred and looked like they'd been attacked by something. This pit bull rumor may not be a rumor. I always had a fear that some of the people "adopting" these dogs were using them to train pit bulls to fight. Hopefully my fear was only that, and these adopted dogs went to good homes. By the way, did anyone see the program which showed some of Michael Vick's dogs being rehabilitated and put into good, loving homes? The poor females had had their teeth all pulled so that they couldn't bite the males that they were being bred with. Thank God that most of these dogs could be saved. I had just assumed that they would all be put down. I believe that Ceasar Milan (Dog Whisperer) even worked with some of the tougher cases.

Roxy1
Housebroken
Housebroken

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  mjsmittyjr Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:21 am

I watched some of it, and was suprised that they were able to do anything with the dogs. Some had to be put down at the begining I think. Ceasar is my hero, my wife can't stand him. He has some very good points, he rubs a lot of people the wrong way with his way of ignoring the excited to see you that my wife loves.
mjsmittyjr
mjsmittyjr
Pack Member
Pack Member

Back to top Go down

Missing dogs used a bait dogs for pit bulls Empty pit bull rumor

Post  myerskt Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:23 pm

I saw the show and was very happy that some of the dogs were rescued. I am the proud owner of a friendly and loving pit bull and me and my husband find the breed to be very loyal. We watched a different show where a pit bull fighting facility was shut down. Even the new born puppies were put to sleep because they were "bred" to fight. We were horrified. We also like the dog whisperer. I like his approach. "dog pack psychology" is what I call it.
myerskt
myerskt
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Number of posts : 66
Pets : 3 dogs
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  mjsmittyjr Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:52 pm

His basic principle is we must teach our pets to listen to prevent both injury to them and others. Words to live by.
mjsmittyjr
mjsmittyjr
Pack Member
Pack Member

Back to top Go down

Missing dogs used a bait dogs for pit bulls Empty Jennings Dog Pound

Post  frankie Sun May 31, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi,
I recently had my Chihuahua stolen from my yard by a crew member working at our house a week ago. We are trying to get the tickets that show the names of the men who delivered rock in semi-trucks down our road. I pray our boy is not being mistreated. Do you by any chance have the number for the Jennings Dog Pound? I have called every vet in Lake Charles and Sulphur just in case and the pound in LCharles. We know he was stolen and can almost pinpoint the exact time. I let him out to potty and never thought anything of it since he has never ever left the yard. Everytime I looked out the window to check on him he was right by our front porch pottying. I feel just horrible because he was really my husband's baby.

frankie
Housebroken
Housebroken

Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post  mjsmittyjr Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:23 pm

Jennings City dog pound 337-821-5519, wishing for the best and safe return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mjsmittyjr
mjsmittyjr
Pack Member
Pack Member

Back to top Go down

Missing dogs used a bait dogs for pit bulls Empty Jennings Pound

Post  frankie Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:39 pm

Although it is not looking very promising, stranger things have happened. Thank you very much for the phone number. I hope we will get him back.

frankie
Housebroken
Housebroken

Back to top Go down

Post  mjsmittyjr Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:00 am

These people that take others pets don't realize that it's really kidnapping since they are part of our family!!!!!!!! tsktsk
mjsmittyjr
mjsmittyjr
Pack Member
Pack Member

Back to top Go down

Missing dogs used a bait dogs for pit bulls Empty Missing Dogs Used as Bait

Post  frankie Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Absolutely true! My husband and my furry children are all I have, since I can't have actual children. I am more hurt in knowing how much he must miss us right now. He grieves when we have to go somewhere at home and shrieks and squeals when he hears the sound of his daddy's truck drive up. I know whoever took him will be paid back in the Lord's timing. In the meantime we are searching and questioning all the men who were at our house the day he went missing. Unfortunately there were about 15. I found some addresses and actually went to some people's homes hoping to catch him there yesterday. I talked to some people but they said they didn't see him. We even asked if someone might have accidentally killed him since there was a lot of heavy equipment out here and large trucks coming in and out all day. The trucks were dumping large amounts of rock. We said we could understand an accident, but not deliberate theft. The crew said they saw him on the porch, but there was no accident. Anyway, we're not giving up yet, still have more people to hunt! Rules

frankie
Housebroken
Housebroken

Back to top Go down

Post  mjsmittyjr Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:42 pm

Only way to do it, take names and kick butt Rant

You know it a shame we all want our furry kids to be nice to everyone, but it just like with my grandkids who I have taught about stranger danger, so we must also do with our four legged ones. With my little girl who just turn a year old this month and weights right at 100 lbs, if she get near anyone that doesn't know her the people are the ones that let me know to please come get her, she will never leave willing with anyone but me or family.
mjsmittyjr
mjsmittyjr
Pack Member
Pack Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down