JAH Community Pet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heya

2 posters

Go down

Heya Empty Heya

Post  silvaheyes Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:11 am

I'm from Jennings, LA.. We have 4 Boxers, 2 fish, a cat, and a goat. Smile Actually the last Boxer we added to our family was boarded at your vet. We adopted her from ARF Lafayette branch. Anyway.. I can't wait to meet and talk with other people from the area, Especially about pets.

Here's some pictures of my 'babies':

Piper
Heya Piper
Krillon
Heya Krillon6
Toby
Heya Toby31
Marlee (one boarded at JAH)
Heya Marlee6
silvaheyes
silvaheyes
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Number of posts : 90
Pets : 4 Boxers, 2 fish, a horse, a cat, and a goat
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Heya Empty Re: Heya

Post  Riverdog Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:48 am

Welcome silvaheyes! Is it Ok to call you Silva? welcome

I was hoping someone would post some photos! They're so cute!! Woot
Krillon looks like he just might be leader of the pack? He's got that watchful, soulful expression.
Toby looks like he might be the mischievous one. Laugh
I had an Angora goat when I was young. I remember that my dad brought him home in the back of our old Ford Fairlane station wagon and he had eaten the back out of the seat!
I'm really looking forward to reading your posts! Welcome to the board!
Riverdog
Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Pets : Labrador Retriever
Registration date : 2008-05-17

http://jenningsanimalhospital.net/message_forum/index.html/

Back to top Go down

Post  silvaheyes Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:56 am

Riverdog wrote:Welcome silvaheyes! Is it Ok to call you Silva? welcome

Krillon looks like he just might be leader of the pack? He's got that watchful, soulful expression.
I had an Angora goat when I was young. I remember that my dad brought him home in the back of our old Ford Fairlane station wagon and he had eaten the back out of the seat!

Sure.. A lot of people call me Silva.. lol Whatever floats your boat. Smile

And yes, Krillon is the big macho man.. He and Toby have to be seperated due to Toby's aggression but all is well otherwise.

Our goat is a pigmy and she's a handful! They're just like dogs, I swear.. Sometimes I think she's worse than the dogs!
silvaheyes
silvaheyes
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Back to top Go down

Post  Riverdog Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:10 am

silvaheyes wrote:
Riverdog wrote:Welcome silvaheyes! Is it Ok to call you Silva? welcome

Sure.. A lot of people call me Silva.. lol Whatever floats your boat. Smile

And yes, Krillon is the big macho man.. He and Toby have to be seperated due to Toby's aggression but all is well otherwise.

Our goat is a pigmy and she's a handful! They're just like dogs, I swear.. Sometimes I think she's worse than the dogs!
I'd love to have a goat again if I had the room to keep one. I have the yard, but I don't have a place for shelter. I have a friend that rescued a baby goat that had to be bottle fed. She kept him in the house with her dogs. It seemed like a good idea at the time! Laugh She named him Nipper and as he got older he even slept with the dogs. The hardest past was when he got older she had a hard time keeping him from following the dogs in the house! It was so funny to watch.
Riverdog
Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  silvaheyes Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:16 am

Riverdog wrote:I'd love to have a goat again if I had the room to keep one. I have the yard, but I don't have a place for shelter. I have a friend that rescued a baby goat that had to be bottle fed. She kept him in the house with her dogs. It seemed like a good idea at the time! Laugh She named him Nipper and as he got older he even slept with the dogs. The hardest past was when he got older she had a hard time keeping him from following the dogs in the house! It was so funny to watch.

Our yard isn't huge but it's more than enough for just her. We use a dog house for her since she's so small, It works and she loves it. Our dogs aren't too sure about her even though we've had her for almost a year. They always rush to the fence when they see her and they play bow or she stomps at them. It's really cute but we keep the fence between them for both of their safety. Her name is Izzy.. Here's a picture of her when we first got her.

Heya Izzy3
silvaheyes
silvaheyes
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Back to top Go down

Post  Riverdog Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:29 am

She is so cute! Wub

Great. Now I want a goat! Rolling Eyes
I'm kind of the odd person on the board since everyone is from Louisiana and I'm in West Virginia! Bag I'm more of a night person so I'm usually on here in the afternoon and very late at night. It seems I'm not the only night owl here!

The winter here is too rough to use just a dog house for shelter. If I could get away with a dog house I think I would have a goat now! They can really be a handful. Our goat used to eat everything in site and I do mean EVERYTHING!
Riverdog
Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  silvaheyes Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:32 am

Riverdog wrote:She is so cute! Wub

I'm kind of the odd person on the board since everyone is from Louisiana and I'm in West Virginia! Bag I'm more of a night person so I'm usually on here in the afternoon and very late at night. It seems I'm not the only night owl here!

The winter here is too rough to use just a dog house for shelter. If I could get away with a dog house I think I would have a goat now! They can really be a handful. Our goat used to eat everything in site and I do mean EVERYTHING!

lol, What brings you to this board then? Besides being admin and all... Laugh I'm very much a night owl so I guess we can keep each other company on the board late at night. Wink

Winters here aren't horrible.. Just throw some hay in there and she's good to go since there's a flap on the front of the dog house plus we have it situated where the wind can't blow inside even if it did get past the flaps.

She really doesn't get into much, She ate the bark off of some trees but other than that she hasn't eaten anything odd.
silvaheyes
silvaheyes
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Back to top Go down

Post  Riverdog Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:00 am

silvaheyes wrote:
Riverdog wrote:She is so cute! Wub

lol, What brings you to this board then? Besides being admin and all... Laugh I'm very much a night owl so I guess we can keep each other company on the board late at night. Wink

Winters here aren't horrible.. Just throw some hay in there and she's good to go since there's a flap on the front of the dog house plus we have it situated where the wind can't blow inside even if it did get past the flaps.

She really doesn't get into much, She ate the bark off of some trees but other than that she hasn't eaten anything odd.
What brings me to this board? My bright idea. Laugh I'm setting up the JAH website and the forum started out to be a place just to post lost & found pets. I would here stories from Cindy (JAH) about people abandoning pets on their doorstep or stories about strays. So... I thought it would be nice to add a section for pet rescues. Maybe try to give them a little support with a local forum. Cindy is so busy with the hospital she was afraid she wouldn't be able to keep up with a forum, so being the loving relative that I am, Rolling Eyes I volunteered to keep things going here. I already admin a couple other forums and help mod a forum with over 13,000 members so I figured one more wouldn't hurt! teehee Plus, I love animals so it wasn't a hard decision to make! Now I wish we had a forum like this in our area! Well, that's how all this started and I figured having a community forum with more information would help make the lost, found and rescue sections more visible if members enjoy being here. Hopefully the contests will be fun too!
Riverdog
Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  silvaheyes Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:06 am

Riverdog wrote:What brings me to this board? My bright idea. Laugh I'm setting up the JAH website and the forum started out to be a place just to post lost & found pets. I would here stories from Cindy (JAH) about people abandoning pets on their doorstep or stories about strays. So... I thought it would be nice to add a section for pet rescues. Maybe try to give them a little support with a local forum. Cindy is so busy with the hospital she was afraid she wouldn't be able to keep up with a forum, so being the loving relative that I am, Rolling Eyes I volunteered to keep things going here. I already admin a couple other forums and help mod a forum with over 13,000 members so I figured one more wouldn't hurt! teehee Plus, I love animals so it wasn't a hard decision to make! Now I wish we had a forum like this in our area! Well, that's how all this started and I figured having a community forum with more information would help make the lost, found and rescue sections more visible if members enjoy being here. Hopefully the contests will be fun too!

Well, It's an awesome idea.. Very Happy I've only been to JAH a few times since they took over but they seem like awesome people. Smile

I love forums, Especially local ones hopefully this one will take off. I posted a few articles I've found here or there. I hope you don't mind. Smile I think you guys should also add a Nutrition section! I'm a freak about that, LOL.. I just might get myself into trouble debating dog foods. Wacko
silvaheyes
silvaheyes
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Back to top Go down

Post  Riverdog Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:25 am

I'll add a nutrition section. Oh no! I may regret this! Laugh
Cindy has intensively investigated nutrition and will probably give you a good debate!
I'll get out the boxing gloves! Popcorn
Riverdog
Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  silvaheyes Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:44 am

Riverdog wrote:I'll add a nutrition section. Oh no! I may regret this! Laugh
Cindy has intensively investigated nutrition and will probably give you a good debate!
I'll get out the boxing gloves! Popcorn

WOOHOO! It's nice to know a vet that actually has experience in nutrition.. Most don't even bother with the subject which is sad. Woot
silvaheyes
silvaheyes
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down