How to Dremel dog nails

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to Dremel dog nails

Post  silvaheyes on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:54 pm

Here's a good link that has a lot of information on dremeling your dogs nails. It's what I used when I first started. Very Happy

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~merensjp/doberdawn/dremel/dremel.html
avatar
silvaheyes
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Number of posts : 90
Age : 30
Pets : 4 Boxers, 2 fish, a horse, a cat, and a goat
Registration date : 2008-06-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to Dremel dog nails

Post  mjsmittyjr on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:54 pm

This website offers a guard that goes on the end of the dremel that works like the peticure tool.
http://www.peticure-grooming.com/Peticure-Safe-Guard_p_0-14.html
avatar
mjsmittyjr
Pack Member
Pack Member

Number of posts : 251
Age : 68
Pets : 3 dogs, 4 cats
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile http://www.vomkonigshimmel.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: How to Dremel dog nails

Post  Riverdog on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:35 am

silvaheyes wrote:Here's a good link that has a lot of information on dremeling your dogs nails. It's what I used when I first started. Very Happy

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~merensjp/doberdawn/dremel/dremel.html
worthy worthy Thanks Silva!

I just found the attachment on Ebay! Excited
Good grief!Fear Some of the Peticure's and even the Dremel attachments are going higher on Ebay than the Peticure Site. Wacko Auctions.. ya gotta love um! Laugh
avatar
Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Age : 61
Pets : Labrador Retriever
Registration date : 2008-05-17

View user profile http://jenningsanimalhospital.net/message_forum/index.html/

Back to top Go down

Re: How to Dremel dog nails

Post  silvaheyes on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:04 am

Riverdog wrote:
silvaheyes wrote:Here's a good link that has a lot of information on dremeling your dogs nails. It's what I used when I first started. Very Happy

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~merensjp/doberdawn/dremel/dremel.html
worthy worthy Thanks Silva!

I just found the attachment on Ebay! Excited
Good grief!Fear Some of the Peticure's and even the Dremel attachments are going higher on Ebay than the Peticure Site. Wacko Auctions.. ya gotta love um! Laugh

Honestly.. I think the attachment for the Peticure is stupid. You're not going to hurt your dog unless you really aren't paying attention to what you're doing.. There is no reason for a guard really.
avatar
silvaheyes
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Number of posts : 90
Age : 30
Pets : 4 Boxers, 2 fish, a horse, a cat, and a goat
Registration date : 2008-06-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to Dremel dog nails

Post  Riverdog on Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:15 am

Call me stupid. I just stuck my fingernail up to my dremel to see what it would feel like. Laugh

The vibration hurts! Fear
avatar
Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Age : 61
Pets : Labrador Retriever
Registration date : 2008-05-17

View user profile http://jenningsanimalhospital.net/message_forum/index.html/

Back to top Go down

Re: How to Dremel dog nails

Post  mjsmittyjr on Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:17 am

I am told by groomer that the cordless has two speeds and that the slower speed is what she uses. I watch her do my 10 week old rotties and all she did was want to lick the tool.
avatar
mjsmittyjr
Pack Member
Pack Member

Number of posts : 251
Age : 68
Pets : 3 dogs, 4 cats
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile http://www.vomkonigshimmel.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: How to Dremel dog nails

Post  silvaheyes on Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:18 am

Riverdog wrote:Call me stupid. I just stuck my fingernail up to my dremel to see what it would feel like. Laugh

The vibration hurts! Fear

LOL.. A dogs nails are a lot thicker/stronger than ours though.. I've brushed it against my actual finger a few times and it's not the best feeling but it doesn't really do much of anything.

You have to understand also that if you're holding your dogs paw properly and not just barely touching it with the Dremel, It shouldn't bounce around and vibrate as much. tongue
avatar
silvaheyes
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Number of posts : 90
Age : 30
Pets : 4 Boxers, 2 fish, a horse, a cat, and a goat
Registration date : 2008-06-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to Dremel dog nails

Post  Riverdog on Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:04 am

silvaheyes wrote:
You have to understand also that if you're holding your dogs paw properly and not just barely touching it with the Dremel, It shouldn't bounce around and vibrate as much. tongue
Which is why I'm so grateful of the article you provided! Laugh idiot
http://homepages.udayton.edu/~merensjp/doberdawn/dremel/dremel.html
avatar
Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Age : 61
Pets : Labrador Retriever
Registration date : 2008-05-17

View user profile http://jenningsanimalhospital.net/message_forum/index.html/

Back to top Go down

Re: How to Dremel dog nails

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum