Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy

Post  Riverdog on Wed May 21, 2008 3:52 am

Too chicken to start your own introduction thread but would still like to offer a brief how d'ye do?
Do it here, just post a reply!
Very Happy

welcome I'm Riverdog your Community Pet Forum Admin. & Jennings Animal Hospital website designer.

As for a little about myself, I personally don't live in Louisiana. I live in West Virginia and
I'm related to Dr. Paul Cheramie & Cindy Cheramie owners of Jennings Animal Hospital. I have a soft spot in my heart for Labrador Retriever's and I have a Yellow Lab named Doc which is the third Lab that I've owned. My other two beloved Labs, Annie & Rooney died of old age. I live on a river which is a great place to own a dog that loves water as much as a Lab! I am happy to help Jennings Animal Hospital get this forum off the ground plus I'll be helping administrate the board. I thought it was a wonderful idea to have a more personal local forum open to the community with the goal to help reunite pets with their owners or meet other pet owners in your area. It's also a great way to keep up on community events, news and special promotions! If you have a website, you are allowed to post a link to your site when you introduce yourself to the group!

I am available to answer any questions related to the Community Pet Forum or the JAH website including Animal Rescue & Shelter ad banner placement.

Please let me know if you have any problems or suggestions about the forum, I'll be happy to help you!
puppykisses

Doc at 1 year old resting in the leaves

Last edited by Riverdog on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Pets : Labrador Retriever
Registration date : 2008-05-17

View user profile http://jenningsanimalhospital.net/message_forum/index.html/

Back to top Go down

Meet and Greet

Post  ProperPooches on Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:01 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Sally Stride, I live in Lake Charles and I run my own dog training business. I have 2 dogs an 8 year old pit bull mix and 4 year old German Shepherd mix. I am also a board member of the Southwest Louisiana Humane Society and I try to help out with rescue work as much as I can. I feel very blessed to be able to do what I do for a living and I jump at any opportunity to chat with other dog "crazy" people whenever I can.

Sally Stride CPDT, ABCDT

ProperPooches
Just Whelped
Just Whelped

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy

Post  Riverdog on Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:59 pm

Hi Sally! Welcome to the pet forum, it's nice to meet you! As you can see by the low membership, we have only been open a few days! I think this forum is a wonderful concept and could be a great asset once it catches on! Since you are affiliated with a Humane Society you can join the usergroup for Rescues/Shelters if you would like. I would love to hear more about your dog training business. We have a forum for Pet Training & Behavior maybe you can give us a few tips! If you have a website you are allowed to mention it here in the introduction thread. By the way, my name is Patty.

I'm a dog crazy people! Woot
Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi Sally! Welcome to the forum! hibye
It's great to have the Southwest Louisiana Humane Society on the forum! puppykisses

JAH Vet/Moderator

Number of posts : 16
Pets : Sheltie
Registration date : 2008-05-27

View user profile http://www.jenningsanimalhospital.net

Back to top Go down

Brief Intro

Post  cajunmom526 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:17 pm

HI, I'm Cajunmom, I recently moved to Hathaway from living in Jennings all my life. We are now "country folk".
We have 3 dogs: 1+year old Bichon named Parker, 3 month old Cockapoo, 2 year old greyhound mix we rescued from Arf n' Annies.
We have a cat that has 2 week old kittens and a quaker parrot named Mr. Pickles.
We have had LOADS of dogs over the years, searching for the right fit for our family.
Now that we have almost 5 acres the greyhound rescue came along.
We had a boxer Mix that got killed shortly after we moved.
I am interested in soon starting a dog grooming business and currently do our dogs and a few friends.
Looking forward to meeting other pet lovers.
cajunmom526
Dog Groomer
Dog Groomer

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Riverdog on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:18 am

cajunmom526 wrote:HI, I'm Cajunmom, I recently moved to Hathaway from living in Jennings all my life. We are now "country folk".
We have 3 dogs: 1+year old Bichon named Parker, 3 month old Cockapoo, 2 year old greyhound mix we rescued from Arf n' Annies.
We have a cat that has 2 week old kittens and a quaker parrot named Mr. Pickles.
We have had LOADS of dogs over the years, searching for the right fit for our family.
I am interested in soon starting a dog grooming business and currently do our dogs and a few friends.

Welcome Cajunmom! I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of your pets and reading your posts! Awww. Sorry to hear about your boxer mix. Hmm
With 5 acres it sounds like your growing menagerie have plenty of room to run!

It's good to see that a few members are starting to post.
We need to get the forum moving forward! doggywalk
Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  silvaheyes on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:26 am

cajunmom526 wrote:HI, I'm Cajunmom, I recently moved to Hathaway from living in Jennings all my life. We are now "country folk".

Welcome to the forum.. You should post some pictures, Especially of the parrot.. lol I love parrots. Very Happy
silvaheyes
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Number of posts : 90
Pets : 4 Boxers, 2 fish, a horse, a cat, and a goat
Registration date : 2008-06-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Posting pics

Post  cajunmom526 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:38 pm

I'm actually trying to figure out how to post pics to the gallery. I can log in to it, but don't see how to submit a photo. Roz
cajunmom526
Dog Groomer
Dog Groomer

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Riverdog on Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:57 pm

cajunmom526 wrote:I'm actually trying to figure out how to post pics to the gallery. I can log in to it, but don't see how to submit a photo. Roz
cajunmom - I see you figured it out! Very Happy
Just in case anyone else is having trouble, on the photo contest page on the top left is a button "Upload Pic".
I really need to create new buttons that are more visible!! I had trouble finding the button too! Jay

Here is the button:

Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Generic Introduction Thread

Post  myerskt on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:46 pm

HI!!! I'm myerskt, mom to Minnie the elderly Min-Pin, Lucy the youthful pitt-bull, and Liberty, the baby pomeranian. Quite a combination!!! Anyway, I look forward to visiting with other pet lovers like myself!!!!
myerskt
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Number of posts : 66
Pets : 3 dogs
Registration date : 2008-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Riverdog on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:52 pm

myerskt wrote:HI!!! I'm myerskt, mom to Minnie the elderly Min-Pin, Lucy the youthful pitt-bull, and Liberty, the baby pomeranian. Quite a combination!!! Anyway, I look forward to visiting with other pet lovers like myself!!!!

Welcome myerskt!! welcome

You do have quite a combo going on there! I'm looking forward to seeing you around the board!! Woot
The photo you posted of Libby in the Gallery is adorable! Wub
Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

new here

Post  jessicahannon on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:30 pm

hello everyone, my family just recently moved to the country after being in Jennings for 10 years. We love the country but soon realized that stray dogs and cats are part of the package. I love dogs and would take care of all of them.... However, my husband does NOT share my love for dogs. He has asked me to find homes for some of the dogs and cats we have taken in. I wont be posting here much, b/c I dont have internet access out here in the boonies. But I will post from time to time about the animals that we "foster".

Right now we have 2 labs (one puppy one adult) and 4 cats that need good homes. We also own a cat and a Chinese crested dog that are our pets for keeps.

jessicahannon
Just Whelped
Just Whelped

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  silvaheyes on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:51 pm

jessicahannon wrote:hello everyone, my family just recently moved to the country after being in Jennings for 10 years. We love the country but soon realized that stray dogs and cats are part of the package. I love dogs and would take care of all of them.... However, my husband does NOT share my love for dogs. He has asked me to find homes for some of the dogs and cats we have taken in. I wont be posting here much, b/c I dont have internet access out here in the boonies. But I will post from time to time about the animals that we "foster".

Right now we have 2 labs (one puppy one adult) and 4 cats that need good homes. We also own a cat and a Chinese crested dog that are our pets for keeps.

Heya.. Welcome to the forum. flower2
silvaheyes
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Number of posts : 90
Pets : 4 Boxers, 2 fish, a horse, a cat, and a goat
Registration date : 2008-06-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Riverdog on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:54 am

jahwelcome

Welcome jessicahannon! Good luck with your strays! It amazes me how some people think by letting their pets loose in the country that they are going to be "better off" than going to a rescue.

You may want to check with cajunmom about internet and living in the country. She lives in the country and I think she is using a wireless card that allows her to connect. Smile
Riverdog
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

re: new here

Post  myerskt on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:59 pm

Hi!! Jessicahannon. I know exactly what you are talking about. We moved out of the city limits a few years ago, and it seems every week we have a new strey dog. Luckily we've been able to find homes for all of them. This seems like a good place to help you find families. Not only is it a resource to find an adoptive family, but it gives you a group of people to keep their eyes out for a potential family. Good luck! I'll keep you and your streys in mind .
myerskt
Obedience Trained
Obedience Trained

Number of posts : 66
Pets : 3 dogs
Registration date : 2008-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down